Thursday, June 17, 2010

Welcome to Daejeon + Thankful Thursday

On June 6th, I left for Korea. Again. This time a two month stint in Daejeon, which pales in comparison to my previous 13 months in Seoul. I spent the first two days in Seoul and on June 9th, made my way to Daejeon. Daejeon is about an hour southwest of Seoul by the high-speed KTX train or about 2 hours by normal train. I'm sharing an apartment with my friend Sarah and it is quite nice. Daejeon is smaller than Seoul, but not small by any means. 1.5 million people occupy this city and while it's subway system is a one liner at the moment, extensive bus and train systems are in effect. I spent my 25th birthday here with Sarah and Jenna and then headed to Seoul for the weekend. Not a whole lot to report yet. I will recap my first week teaching at a later date (probably tomorrow)

Thankful Thursday
This wonderful opportunity to be back in Korea

Turning 25 a week ago

Getting to visit BIS, my old school in Seoul

Amazing Korean food

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glad you're having a good time! I'm missing you. :)